The MonaLisa Touch procedure
The MonaLisa Touch procedure
The MonaLisa Touch:
The MonaLisa Touch is a laser therapy used to treat changes in vaginal health often caused by menopause. Common symptoms include itching, burning, vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. It can also be used to treat similar side effects in women who have undergone a hysterectomy or breast cancer.
NON-SURGICAL TIGHTENING FOR VAGINAL LAXITY
Stretching of the vagina and introitus can occur from vaginal delivery or be a part of the natural aging process. MonaLisa Touch laser acts directly on the mucosa of the walls of the vagina to: tighten, reshape, tone, stimulate tissue and regenerate collagen.
- Maintain the collagen content of the vaginal epithelium
- Maintain its thickness and elasticity
- Maintain optimal genital blood flow
- Maintain mucopolysaccharides and hyaluronic acid, which keep vaginal mucosa moist and healthy
Internal Vaginal Treatment:
- The MonaLisa Touch internal treatment takes approximately 5-10 minutes
- A series of 3 treatments is recommended
- Treatment interval is 6 weeks (40-50 days)
- Maintaining treatments are recommended on a 6-12 month basis or as determined by the treating practitioner.
External Vulvar Treatment
- The MonaLisa external treatment takes approximately 10-15 minutes
- A series of 4-5 sessions is recommended
- Treatment interval is about 30-60 days depending on severity
- Maintennance treatments (1-2 treatments) are recommended on an annual basis after the end of the treatment cycle
Who is a candidate for the treatment
- For treatment of symptoms or prevention and annual maintenance of vaginal health.
- Peri-menopause or menopausal women with Vaginal Atrophy
- Breast cancer survivors who want to continue intimacy with their spouse or significant other. These women are on anti estrogen medications to prevent recurrence of cancer and can Not use estrogen in any form, oral or vaginal.
- Women who are contraindicated for hormones.
- Post Menopausal women who want to prevent yearly deterioration due to the natural ongoing aging process and loss of estrogen.
- Women after a complete hysterectomy
- Women who do not want to mess around with messy vaginal creams and lubricants
- Women who are on prolonged hormonal use, such as birth control
- Women who have or want to breast feed their child and still want to be intimate
- Women in all ages who notice leakage of urine due to coughing, sneezing, or on exertion (stress incontinence) should consider or start to consider trying the MonaLisa Laser treatment before you end up with complicated operations.
Contraindications (Reasons you may not be able to undergo the MonaLisa Touch procedure)
- Have vaginal, cervical, or other lesions in the treatment area that have not been evaluated and diagnosed
- Have active vaginal or vulvar infection i.e., (herpes, candida, STD's)
- Pregnant or within 3 months postpartum
- Have prolapse beyond hymen
- Have history of radiation to vaginal/colo-rectal tissue
- Have history of reconstructive pelvic surgery with "mesh kits"
- Have a history of impaired wound healing
- Have a history of keloid formation
- Known anticoagulation treatment or thromboembolic condition
Possible side effects may include: Spotting, mild vaginal bleeding, pink or brown vaginal discharge, mild to profuse watery vaginal discharge, redness, swelling, inflammation, tenderness, itching, irritation, burning upon urination, pinpoint bleeding and discomfort. Please consult with your physician if you have questions.
The MonaLisa Touch laser is indicated for incision, excision, ablation, vaporization and coagulation of body soft tissues in medical specialties including aesthetic (dermatology and plastic surgery), podiatry, otolaryngology (ENT), gynecology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, general thoracic surgery (inclulding open and endoscopic), dental and oral surgery and genitourinary surgery.